Meet the most experienced, compassionate, and skilled staff to administer your ketamine treatments.
Welcome to Our Therapy Center for Ketamine Treatments and Acupuncture
Our goal is to dispel the paralyzing cloud of depression or pain that prevents patients from enjoying their friends and hobbies or pursuing their goals. We strive to help each patient re-engage with life and family, go back to work or school, and recover the ability to just smile at a sunny day.
What We Offer: Ketamine Treatments, Acupuncture Treatments, and Combination Treatments
Georgia Renew Clinics offers our ketamine infusion patients safe, comfortable, and relaxing treatment rooms with close medical monitoring by ER-trained providers. To our acupuncture patients, we offer medication-free solutions for a vast variety of conditions, including acupuncture for depression. Holistic care is one of the elements that distinguishes us: We offer complimentary acupuncture by board certified acupuncturists to all of our infusion patients as a therapeutic adjunct.
After your initial medical consultation, your doctor will talk to you about whether ketamine treatments, acupuncture, or a combination would be the best approach. We will then design a treatment plan to fit your specific needs. Every time you come in for an appointment, you can expect privacy and comfort as you relax during your infusion therapy or acupuncture treatment.
Meet Our Team of Depression, Withdrawal, and Pain Management Specialists of Atlanta and the Metro Area
We are dedicated to providing top notch care in complementary medicine and ketamine IV therapy in Atlanta metro area. Our team of physicians, nurses, and acupuncture professionals is here to help. With over 100 years of cumulative emergency department training, the staff at Georgia Renew Clinics is highly qualified in caring for patients receiving ketamine for depression and other conditions. Your sessions are monitored and documented to ensure comfort and safety, and we check in regularly between appointments to see how you’re doing. At Georgia Renew Clinics you’re in good hands — and you can count on our support.
Dr. Heidi Nicholson
Georgia Renew Clinics Medical Director and Owner
- Master of Science in Oriental Medicine & Acupuncture Southwest Acupuncture College (2013)
- Medical Residency in Internal Medicine Texas Tech University (1985)
- Medical School Texas Tech University School of Medicine
- Bachelor in Psychology University of Texas El Paso(1997)
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine (1985)
- Board Certified in Emergency Medicine (1989)
- Board Certified in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (2014)
“About 25 years into my Emergency Medicine career, during which I would often have patients tell me about their physical pain and emotional struggles, I concluded that there must be something more to offer them. This unyielding belief that a healer should find a way to heal lead me on a journey that began with studying the ancient art of acupuncture and ended with learning about the re-purposing of the old pharmaceutical agent ketamine. Without a doubt, acupuncture can have truly amazing positive effects on multiple conditions from infertility and insomnia to debilitating migraines and back pain. But the ketamine studies really blew me away with their amazing results in treating depression and pain. The more I reviewed the studies and talked to other professionals, the more excited I became about helping patients who hadn’t found success with other treatments using acupuncture and ketamine together.”
Sheridan Spencer, LAc, RN
- Master of Science in Acupuncture Jung Tao School of Classical Medicine (2016)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Emory University (1991)
- Board Certified in Acupuncture (2017)
- International Board of Health Rhythm Examiners CCDS Certified (2008)
- Sheridan Spencer served for ten years as a Technical/Clinical Specialist and Clinical Educator at St. Jude Medical. She also has extensive experience as a Critical Care Clinical Educator at Northeast Georgia Health System and an Interventional Radiology Nurse at Northside Hospital.